Winshield Stainless Trim Install

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winshield Stainless Trim Install
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:20:02 -0600
Hello List:

I have purchased some nice used stainless windshield trim to install on my
high-windshield roadster.  I am looking for some pointers on how to install
it.  I already have a windshield installed without any stainless trim in
place.  The rubber is in so-so shape but I would rather keep it in place if
I can.  Questions:

1.  I think I want to have the trim professional polished.  I imagine I
should have that done by my chrome shop before I install the trim, right?

2.  Can I install the trim with my window in place with the so-so rubber or
is it pretty much mandatory that I get new rubber?

3.  Is this something that I should not attempt on my own and instead have a
professional glass person do?  I don't want to ruin my investment, BTDT.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Hankinson

1969 2000

302 V8