Grosse Jets (was: Re: R16 Carbs)

To: Keith0alan@aol.com, slowboy@cox.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Grosse Jets (was: Re: R16 Carbs)
From: Perry Smith <tpsmithstl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:59:02 -0800 (PST)
To all,

I have a set of Z-therapy rebuilt carbs on my '68 2000 and have had a problem
with raw fuel overflowing the float bowls.   This happens when the RPM's exceed
about 4000.  Originally I was thinking it was a fuel flow pressure problem
exceed the capacity of the return bleeder valve at the back of the fuel-supply
input pipe.  Listening to this, now I'm not so sure - now thinking it might be
just vibration.

So sure I was that is was an oversupply/overpressure problem that last weekend
I put a manual fuel pressure regulator (Holley) and gauge to regulate the
pressure at 4psi (the Roadster manual says between about 3.75 and 4.25 psi -
off the top of my head).

At the same time I also put on some K&N's to replace the stock air filter.
(I'm just proud of that one...)

Does anybody think it's the grosse jets and do you think adding the pressure
regulator will cause a fuel undersupply problem at higher RPM's?

TIA,
Perry
'68 2K

Keith0alan@aol.com wrote:
The Grosse Jets were a problem in the roadsters. Something with the
vibration gave them fits.

keith

In a message dated 2/24/2005 12:22:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,