FW: Safety of Replacement Ball joints

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: Safety of Replacement Ball joints
From: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:36:02 -0600
Bill, I agree safety is paramount.

The goal is to develop a source of aftermarket parts built by a reputable
manufacturer who has a long and successful history of building aftermarket
suspension parts for cars.

If you've checked the price of Nissan NOS ball joints lately, you've
discovered they're scarce as hens' teeth and precious as gold!

Speaking of safety, my guess is most roadsters still on the road could use
new ball joints but are doing without due to the scarcity and price!

Those of us who are investigating the possibility of developing aftermarket
ball joints are doing it with our eyes wide open.  Yes, there's lots of work
to be done.  But until (unless) one of our vendors steps forward the choice
is either to do nothing, or move forward in search of a safe and affordable
alternative to NOS.

p.s...In the shameless plug department, please let me know if I can add your
name to the list of folks who are interested in continuing the dialogue with
the manufacturer I'm in contact with.  If we can show them a good faith
interest in 250 sets of ball joints (upper and lower on each side), the onus
moves to them to prove to us the safety and durability of the ball joints is
commensurate to what we've come to rely on from NOS Nissan parts.