Timing Chain stretch.

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Timing Chain stretch.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:55:37 -0800
Hello All,

            So I was looking at my timing gears on the car and dang the
actual gears look great.  They look pretty fricken brand new to me.  Is
there a valid way to measure the chain stretch?  In bike shops they have
this little gauge they hold up to your chain to tell how much the chain has
stretched (ya know on my mountain bike the chain actually stretches a bit
before it needs to be replaced.  Does anyone know a measurement I could take
with my calipers to tell how much my chain has stretched??

                        Daniel Neuman

                        Oakland Ca