RE: A day in the rain...

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: A day in the rain...
From: TWFAUST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 01:10:17 EST
Don' need no Hemi, a 360hp 327 will do just fine!

Hemi? , I don't need no stinkin' Hemi....

I guess we are getting seriously O/T here. I also have to admit a youthful
romance with the Hemi.

When I was younger, I had a Porsche and thought I was quite refined. My
father, an engineer by training with a fondness for all things made of metal
that
moved, turned, or tried to get away, for many years had a '68 Dodge Charger
with the dual quad Hemi. I can recall like it was yesterday the awful
"wonking"  sound when the second four barrel opened, and the rush of
acceleration that
 seemed to drain the blood my face.

Somehow, I doubt that the new Hemi "wonks". But the announced acceleration
figures are beginning to approach those for the '68 Charger. (Car & Driver
obtained a 4.6 second 0-60 figure for the '68)

We all have something lurking in our backgrounds.

Tom Faust