Re: Pre-Oiling after overhaul

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Pre-Oiling after overhaul
From: "Richard Garretson" <garretson2@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:49:32 -0400
Any thoughts about a practical way to pre-oil after overhaul of an R-16?

To assure the oil pump is primed & gets going right away.

We will be firing up the R-16 after a fresh overhaul and are looking for a
practical way to assure the oil pressure is up before running .

One idea we had was to simply crank the motor with the starter , no fuel or
ignition with the plugs removed.

I guess my question is with a new oil pump &  will it pick up from the oil
pan right away or need to be primed  somehow?

Regards

Rick  G

66 1600