2 weeks and a thousand miles

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2 weeks and a thousand miles
From: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:54:13 -0400
Well, 3 weeks ago I got the 1600 running (again) and 2 weeks ago bit the
bullet and sold my other car, going to be a Roadster Only guy. I now have
driven it back and forth to work, 45 miles each way, for 10 days. The hard
top only leaks over the passenger seat (not a problem, since I dont even
have a seat there). And after adjusting the valves and putting in new plugs
last Sunday, I think I can fairly say it has never run better in the 9 years
or so Ive had it. The transmission I built in the summer of 03 out of two
dead trannys is running as good as it did before it blew up and I had to
rebuild it.

Its still ugly on the inside and I have lots to do with my weekends for the
next, oh, year or so. But its mine and its working well enough to get me
to work and back.  And as you all know, people stop me all the time to talk
about it, pretty girls smile and wave at me, and I generally have a better
attitude about life after a ride (especially without the hard top).

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice and parts and moral support
over the years.

---