240SX w KA24DE for Sale

To: Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 240SX w KA24DE for Sale
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
My daughter is graduating from college in December and
we are getting her a new MINI for graduation.  (Before
you gag, that is what she most wants, so there!)

Anyway, I am selling her '91 Nissan 240 SX with the
KA24DE engine which has 130,000 miles and is in
tip-top shape.  Unfortunately the automatic
transmission in the car is probably on it's last legs,
though I just replaced the filter and fluid and it
runs and shifts just dandy, just may not make another
10,000 miles. (metal shavings in there). The engine is
strong and the car has been well maintained (and
babied) throughout her life. The only 2 owners have
been list members.

In the past 23K miles it has had a new battery, 4 new
tires, wiper blades, air/fuel filters, plugs, cruise
control repair, new muffler, new coolant, and the
afore-mentioned transmission filter and fluid, not to
mention routine maintanence.  It has alloy wheels, and
the interior is rip-free and very clean.  It has a
pop-up sun-roof. The tranny is the only weak spot, but
most of you would want to transplantr the engine with
a 5-speed in a roadster once the car stops next time,
anyway.

As it is now, it is a really nice driver holding your
future roadster engine. Can be picked up and driven
home, or I can meet someone part of the way.

Since these engines are a favorite transplant, I
thought I'd give the list first chance at the car. KBB
Private party sale of a 240SSE Fastback in Good
condition is $1875. I'm deducting $500 for the worn
tranny and asking $1375, which once you've seen
pictures, you will agree is fair.  The tranny may last
for years, you just never know.  I could part it out
for several thousand, but cannot bring myself to
disassemble my daughter's baby before her eyes.

BTW, they use these cars for Drifting - they are a
favorite because of the light weight & rear-wheel
drive.  E-Mail me for pix!

Mike Harper
'68 2000
'66 1600