RE:Starter no problem...Whoppee!!

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Starter no problem...Whoppee!!
From: ed.sawyer@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:10:45 +0000
Hi Everyone,
Thanks again for all of your help, a newbie like me needs all the advise I can
get. I just got back from the first drive in 3 months, what a great evening.
There are still a few tweaks but she runs, drives, and seems to have all
systems go. The new tranny is shifting nicely and my clutch seems good, a
little grabby, but i still have some tweaks.

Here's the scoop...My fault. :-) I had made a serious error in wiring the
starter up. I don't doubt the bad grounds and low battery was going to be an
issue so i'm good to go there now also. The new gear reduction starter has two
posts and a spade terminal. I thought, I was copying off my old starter, but
mistakes were made. The new gear starter has two posts and a spade terminal. I
thought since one post help the Positive from the battery and the wireing
harness then the other must ground everything. (Thanks Pat for showing me the
error in my ways) After getting that straightened out it fired on the first
try.  Loud and strong, it's never fired on the first go. The new coated header
is about an inch shorter at the collector so until I get the muffler shop to
attach the flex pipe i'm just dumping out the side. 1600's sound pretty mean
without a muffler. :-)

Have a great day

Ed