Worn carb linkage.

Subject: Worn carb linkage.
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:19:09 +0930
Hi List,
I hope in the US you are all safe and well after Hurricane Ivan.

I have dissembled a pair of Hitachi HJB38W carbs from my SP310.
Float needles are grooved so I guess that means new needles and seats???

I have also noticed the fulcrum holes in the choke arms where they connect
to the base of the needle seat are ovaled out.
They were quite sloppy in operation before I pulled them apart.
I'm guessing this is normal wear and tear and the holes require filling and
re-drilling??????
Any words or pics. would be appreciated.
Unfortunately my Service Manual doesn't cater for such problems.

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
HYPERLINK http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.

---