Replacement Gas cap

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacement Gas cap
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:35:51 -0500
Settling the roadster into it's new home. Actually it's a 10 x 29 storage
room about three blocks from our apartment. Neat thing about it is that it
has power so I can hang some lights and use my air tools.

Drove the car a bit today and ended up pulling the rollbar to regain at
least a couple of inches of rearward seat movement, not only making it
easier to get in and out but easier for me to drive with my longish legs.

Noticed that the gas gauge was near empty so I drove around the corner to a
convenience store to put a few gallons in, but the gauge didn't budge so
I'll check the sender and the gauge tomorrow. The keys and locks are (not
surprising) pretty worn so I'm going to check into getting them rebuilt. The
gas cap lock was a real hassle and I almost didn't get it unlocked to put
back on after it stuck in the locked position while I had it off.

Does anyone make a nice looking non-locking replacement? The locking cap is
an unnecessary PITA, IMHO.

Ron