Re: Batterieies & heater core

To: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Subject: Re: Batterieies & heater core
From: "garretson2" <garretson2@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:45:00 -0400
Graeme,

Found a type 51 Optima online, it looks like this is a new size type to the
Optima line.  The length & with look good, I am a bit concerned about the
height @ 9" it looks kinda tight to the hood.  If this will fit it is in the
running as you gotta love the weight @ only 26 lbs.

This is yellow top, looks like the yellow top is better at being parked for
long naps than the red tops & certainly better than a traditional wet cell.

      Model No.  Former
      Model No.  Volts  Amp Hours*  CCA @
      00 F  CA @
      320 F  J240 Life Cycle  Deep Cycles  Reserve
      Minutes*  Physical Size
      L" x W" x H"
      (Height includes posts)   Lbs.  Terminals
      51 NA (New) 12 41 500 625 10-12,000 ~350 70 9.25 x 5.0 x 9.0
      (Incl. Posts/Terminals)  26.0 Top Post

Can anyone verify if this size type is not too tall???????

 Regards

Rick G

66' 1600 project