Horse Hair or not!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horse Hair or not!
From: <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 05:53:28 -0500
List,

Thanks for all of the great ideas concerning the padding/ spacer ideas.
The underside of the body and the frame will have POR-15 applied so I'm
not worried about the wet fabric causing more corrosion. I think the
strapping idea is the way to go. I happen to have a long roll of just
such strapping. I may have to double it up to get the correct thickness.

I'm still looking at a finish date of April of next year for my
restoration. It will be 3 years since I started this project and am
loving every minute of it. It has taken me 5 years just to get all of
the equipment needed to do the job right. Maybe I should put a sign on
my garage saying "Midwest Datsun Roadster Restoration Services". I'm
sure I would get a mid-western customer every 10 to 15 years!

Steve Harvey
1970 1600 (restoration)
1970 1600 (template car and daily driver)
1968 2000 (up for sale next spring)