Cutting Parts Away

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cutting Parts Away
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:54:03 -0500
I have the perfect solution for Andy, and I tell him about it occasionally.  I
bought Ron Chapman's book "How to Build a Sports Car for 250 Pounds", and I
intend to build a Lotus Seven (Locost) lookalike to autocross.  I want to
build mine with BMW parts. We could build two cars and he could put his Datsun
go-fast stuff in the second car.  It wouldn't look much like a roadster, but
it would perform like one. There are alternate plans for longer and wider
chassis, which we will need.  Since most Roadsters are a mix of non-original
parts, we could still claim it as a "311" and be technically correct.  Put in
his Ka24 and a narrowed Ford 9" axle and he'd have the perfect Datsun
Roadster.

Leisure Suit Terry