Spark Plug Wire Evaluation

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Spark Plug Wire Evaluation
From: "James Cawrse" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:37:17 -0400
Dear List,
When recently putting the engine back in, I broke a sparkplug, and when
changing plugs
I noticed the somewhat brittle condition of the cool looking, but I guess
old and low
quality 8mm plug wires.

Next time I was at Advance Auto, I spent some time searching thru the ACCEL
aftermarket
plug wire kits.   Kit number 3008 works great!  It is only 7mm, but it is
less than
$20.  This kit is for an 8 cyl, so you have plenty of spare wires.  It is a
striaght boot kit,
and for points type coil ingnition, so has the right coil wire thing also.
This kit has
high performance copper conductors, so dont plan on listening to AM talk
radio.
My Sony AM/FM/CD worked fine on FM and CD though.  The bright yellow wires
look
cool also.

I was able to artfully arrange the wires so they dont touch each other, the
kit was easy to
assembly the cap ends, and everything works great.  Yea, I really wanted to
get a custom
set of super hi-performance wires from one of our trusty suppliers, but I
wanted to drive the
car NOW, and I dont have much spare money right now.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to Dig Yourself Out of Debt from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx