RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?

To: eric@railpros.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:48:55 +0000
Not a bad looking car ...but a couple of nuances....

I looks to be running a l16 engine, from a 510/truck. In addition, I'd guess
it may not be a complete job...being it is running a downdraft carb, instead
sidedraft carbs. If you try to install the proper air filter on the carb,
the hood may have problems shutting properly.

But...on another note...I don't think the bidders are out on Ebay the last
week or two....Must be summer vacation or Shasta!

A pretty, red 67 2000 (with a 1600 drive train) just sold on Sunday for only
$3200. This was a really nice looking 67 2000 , that, if you added a used
u20/5spd swap (cost ~ 1500-1800) you could be cruizing in a beauty for about
5K.

Oh well...

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

>From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
>To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?
>Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:17:42 -0700
>
>Hey!!
>

>What's the scoop on this quite nice looking 1969 roadster on Ebay with a
>buy-it-now price of only $1250??!!
>

>.and why hasn't somebody out there on the list scooped it up yet?  If I
>lived in Utah, I would be real temped.
>

>.is this too good to be true? I first saw the car on Ebay last night,
>but I don't recall seeing such a low buy-it-now price last night.
>

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
><http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2485
>005627&category=6188> &rd=1&item=2485005627&category=6188

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE