Re: Stroker R16 head flow

To: "Daryl Smith" <daryl_smith@telus.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stroker R16 head flow
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:38:15 -0400
Bigger intake valves would slow down velocity but provides greater flow
which hurts the bottom and helps the top end. A good 3 angle valve job also
helps a lot.

I radiussed the exhaust ports and polished them smooth. Because of water
jackets you can't open them up too much.

I had the manifolds indexed to the head by the use of dowels and then I port
matched them to the gasket which I believe helps a lot.

The 1600 head won't flow like a 2000 head because of the port size
differences.

With competition valve springs my car will rev to 7000 RPMs with no problems
and because I switched to 2l carbs the flow is there at those speeds.

Mike