License trim update: Solex linkage update: Knob set update:

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: License trim update: Solex linkage update: Knob set update:
From: <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:32:37 -0700
Hello all, just wanted to update you on the trim assemblies.  I went to the
machine shop today, they are finally getting to the machining of the inside
angle and the final bend of the bottom angle where the body has a light lip,
that bend is 12.5 degrees by the way, details, details.  I was told that by
the end of this week or next week I should have them, and I am anxious to get
them as I have several people that have prepaid that I want to ship these to
right away.  I also wanted to clarify that an original trim piece was used as
the example for the reproduction part, not the one on my car.  Someone took
the liberty of spreading misinformation at the Mt Shasta car show, needless to
say I will not name the individual but am dissapointed because he could have
asked any questions directly instead of misinforming others based on his poor
assumption. I am going to be very pleased with my reproduction piece and am
sure the rest of you will also, as it will be CORRECT!! in appearance and in
the material that it is made from which is stainless steel.   For those of you
that still want one please let me know I still have a couple of extra ones.  I
have also spoken with Dean and there will be a couple available through him.
    The Solex linkages for the type 3 and 4 carbs is in production, I will
have a couple of extra sets when they are done.  They will also be available
thorugh Dean at Fairlady products.  I have a delivery date of July 23rd for
the assemblies. I will be shipping out the sets that have been prepaid on that
date.  Once again to clarify the construction they will be made out of
Stainless steel which is twice as hard as the original Mikuni assemblies that
were made of mild steel.  They will also be less likely to bend, rust or warp
due to construction.
    The knob assemblies are in full production and will be available within
two weeks, I onle have 10 complete knob sets available at this time.  The
knobs are machined from aluminum and are the correct shape as the original.
They look real good!!  The knobs will be anodized black and then will have the
lettering placed which is the "C" for choke, "CL" for Cigarette lighter, "T"
for throttle and "W" for washer  Then there will be the hood knob which will
have the "H" and the front flashers which will have the "FF" on them.  They
are exact in appearance.  I am selling these for 72 dollars per complete set
plus 8 dollars shipping.
    Windshield washer jets, the correct replicas for a 67 1/2 will be
available soon, I just need a count of how many people want them before
placing an order.  This might be a one time run item so if you want a
beautifull reproduction, now is the time to ask, price will be based on
interest.
Thanks to all of you that have been patiently waiting for these parts,
Gerardo Magana