Fredericksburg (TX) Swap Meet

To: HCSM <rday@hot.rr.com>, Bluebirds
Subject: Fredericksburg (TX) Swap Meet
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:08:35 -0500
The time for this event is drawing close. It's being held July 23-25 at Lady
Bird Johnson Park, just south of the Fredericksburg Airport on TX 16. For
those who don't know I've been asked to provide 10 to 12 cars to be featured
at the park pavilion on Saturday, July 24. I'd like to see nice examples of
Roadsters, 510s and early Z-Cars, plus maybe an early '60s truck and sedan,
but there will plenty of nearby parking for everyone.

If you are bringing a car and would like to see it be part of the display
group please let me ASAP. We'll have a large pop-up canopy as well as
several smaller ones. After all this will be the end of July in the Texas
Hill Country. I'm talking to the folks at the Airport Diner about group
reservations on that Saturday evening, so I'll need a head count for that,
too. Regarding room accommodations, there are lots of nice motels and B&Bs
in the area. Check out the Chamber of Commerce site at
<http://www.wliinc2.com/cgi/foxweb.dll/wlx/dir/wlxdirectory?cc=FDCC&lcCatego
ry=lodging&disptype=plain&disptypetmp=lodging.asp>.

There's plenty to do for the no car nut members of the family in the
immediate and surrounding area, including the annual Apple Festival in
Medina on Saturday only. Medina is about 45 minutes south of Fredericksburg
on TX 16, between Bandera and Kerrville.

Fredericksburg is about 60 miles NW of San Antonio north of I-10, and about
70 miles east of Austin on 290. I'd really like to see this become an annual
Datsun gathering. The park itself is situated of rolling hills covered by
large oaks, and there's a large creek wandering through it that really helps
moderate the late July heat.

All in all a great way to spend a summer weekend.

Ya'll come,
Ron