hot carb

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: hot carb
From: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:52:42 -0400
I have run into a problem that I have had for a couple of years with the
rear carb on my '68 2000.

When it is cool out both carbs idle down fine but when it is hot or after
driving awhile the rear carb does not idle down. I have traveled 40 MPH
without touching the gas. Do to a leak in the heater core I have taken that
hose off and routed a new one that comes out the back of the manufold and
raps around the air cleaner and back to water pump. The carbs have been
rebushed in the last couple of years.

Th other day when the back carb was acting up I poured same cold water onto
the carb and it idled down just fine but as soons as it got hot it acted up
again.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is there a beter way of routing the
heater hose? Will rapping the exhaust manufold help? Might the carb be
bushed too tight and there is not enough room for part expansion?

Dana Scribner
'68 2L

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!