Re: Dim Headlights

To: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>, <sandhoff@csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: Dim Headlights
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:29:57 -0500
> Lately I've also noticed that when I'm pushing the roadster and the lights
are
> on, they'll start to dim.  This only occurs at higher speeds such as
passing
> on a freeway.  My feeling is that this is also a symptom.  Once again, the
car
> is telling me something.... I need to get it fixed

This is a common problem.  The high beam relay needs to be replaced.
Sometimes you can clean and adjust the contacts and save having to replace
it.  Vibration from high engine speed causes the relay contacts to bounce
resulting in dim lights.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
roadster@schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member
Homepage: schroeder-family.us

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900