Cannonball Run??

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cannonball Run??
From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:40:13 -0500
Hey everybody.  Not roadster related, but I was curious if there is some kind
of modern cannonball run.  I was driving East on I-80 through Iowa today and
saw quite a few very fast cars, exceeding the posted limits.  They weren't
being very subtle, since they all had stickers pasted all over them; number
stickers, and a large one on the side that said "? Run".  The first one I saw
was sitting in front of three (3) Iowa State Trooper vehicles.  I was spacing
off and didn't see what it was really, but it was driving off.  All told, I
saw about 30 vehicles with the same markings.  There were a bunch of
Ferrari's, BMW's, Porsche's, a Corvette, some weird small Euro styled car, and
a pickup.  I got so flabbergasted seeing a group of 5 Ferrari's driving down
the interstate, I just lost count.  They were going too fast in the opposite
direction, and just too far away to see what the sticker said.  Cool, but very
curious...
I wonder how fast you have to go to collect 3 state troopers, but still be
allowed to drive away after??

Roadster content-- My '67 is running great since I got it back from having the
motor and tranny rebuilt/replaced this winter.  I've been gone a lot since,
but the few miles I have driven have been grand.  I hope we can get a group
together in the Midwest for a ride this year...
Praying for sunny weather,
Ken