RE: Rear end swap

To: <stebharvey@ameritech.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear end swap
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@acmehomesales.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 00:11:20 -0700
Steve,

The 2000 rear end in a 1600 will impair the acceleration as much as the 1600
rear end helps a 2000 accelerate faster.  Maybe more with the reduced
horsepower of the 1600.  I think you would also find yourself shifting down
for smaller hills than might be expected.  I suspect a lot of the fun of the
car would be gone.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
(calculated 4.38 rear with tire error figured in)
Portland, OreeGun