<all> Datsuns to be featured at the Fredericksburg Swap Meet

To: Z Car <z-car@taex001.tamu.edu>,
Subject: <all> Datsuns to be featured at the Fredericksburg Swap Meet
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:58:43 -0500
Last July Marc Tyler, a roaster owning buddy, and I happened upon the Hill
Country Swap Meet being held at the Lady Bird Johnson Park located on Texas
Highway 16 just south of Fredericksburg, in the Hill Country NW of San
Antonio. The park is a great place for this type of event. Rolling hills
with lots of trees with a few paved roads and large creek wandering through
the park. Even though the temp was in the upper 90s, it was very pleasant
with shade from the trees and cool air from the creek carried on a nice
breeze. Reminded me somewhat of the Pate Swap Meet before it was moved to
Texas Motor Speedway.

We decided it would be fun to organize a Datsun gathering for this year so I
contacted the swap meet organizers a few weeks ago about having a designated
Datsun Corral. They responded by asking us to be the featured marque for the
swap meet with 10 to 12 cars on display at the park pavilion on Saturday!
Since we're limited to 10 to 12 cars at the pavilion, I'd like to see a nice
1500 along with (near) stock and competition examples of the 1600, 2000, 510
and 240Z, plus maybe an older pickup (320?) and maybe a 3 or 4 series sedan.

Just because you don't have one of these older cars we still want as many
Datsun nuts there as can come. There will be plenty of additional parking.
We're also thinking about organizing an evening get together at the Airport
Diner, a '50 style art deco diner complete with soda fountain, located next
to the park at the Fredericksburg Airport.

If you have one of the models I listed above, or if you just want to hang
out at a swap meet in the Hill Country and talk Datsuns and such from July
23rd to the 25th, please let me know. Everybody's welcome.

You can check out the sponsoring club, the Fredericksburg Vintage Car Club
at <http://www.fredericksburgcarclub.com/>, get info on Lady Bird Johnson
Park at <http://www.fbgtx.org/departments/ladybirdpark.htm#Pavilions> and
view The Airport Diner at <http://www.hangarhotel.com/diner.htm>.

Further details as they develop.