Re: Oil Filter Cartridge 1966 SPL311

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Cartridge 1966 SPL311
From: MVaughn120@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 23:06:43 EDT
Thanks Paul.  Is there any modification needed to use the Wix filter?

In a message dated 5/6/2004 10:48:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
plhbauman@earthlink.net writes:
Try a Wix filter dealer. A couple of years ago, I  ordered an oil filter for
my 1600 and mistakenly took the part number out of the Datsun repair manual. I
got the outer shell for the original oil filter! They said the inserts were
available too. I've been using a Wix 51512 filter on my R16 for years and they
work great. Less messy than the original type, too.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600