Re: <semi OT>Ebay Bidding

To: "Mark \(Stickerman\) Dent" <mark@dealermats.com>,
Subject: Re: <semi OT>Ebay Bidding
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:26:43 -0500
    I have to very much agree with several other comments about this thread.
I don't think there is a person out there who would turn away a great deal,
especially at the low prices/no reserve you put on some of these items.
What if no one else bid on the item and they were able to pick it up for the
minimum price??    Or perhaps your bidder didn't want to get involved in the
auction competition and merely wanted to snipe the item at the end, but
possibly forgot or missed the auction end time?   That's been seen many
times as well.    Of course, as a seller, I'm sure you would like to see the
competition...  I know all us old-timers remember the $150 '69 Fuse box on
Ebay a while back...  Talk about a sellers dream!!  The bidders went wild!
At the time, one could buy the same fuse box from the venders for $50...

As to the Buy It Now concerns...well, if that is the price you want for the
item, you have two choices...  do a Buy It Now only or put a reserve on it
so it only goes at the Buy It Now price.

Good luck on your continuing Ebay adventures!
Eric