Re: battery voltage

To: datsun_sports@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: battery voltage
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:29:23 EST
Mike,

       3.5 volts is major dead. You must have left something on or it's been
sitting for a very long time. Oil pressure gauge should have no effect. If you
have a battery charger put it on for a couple of days. Pull the ground cable
off the battery first. After it's charged back up check for switches left on
and such. If your meter has an amp setting of 10 amps or so hook it between the
negative post and the ground cable. That way the current goes through the
meter. DO NOT try to start the car with the meter in place, you will toast the
meter. With the key off you should be drawing way less than an amp of current,
just enough to run the clock. If you are drawing over about half an amp you
have a short or something is turned on. If you end up drawing curent with the
key
off try pulling the fuses one at a time. If you pull all the fuses and still
have the drain at least you've found lots of things that are not the problem.
Let us know what you find.

keith