No Lights - Revisited

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: No Lights - Revisited
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:04:11 EST
Hey List,

I'm still sorting out a few odds & ends on my '66 1600.  I've come across a
situation & I'm not sure if this is a problem or not.  All of my lights are
working, but when I turn my headlights on (high or low beam), I lose my front
parking lights.  Is this supposed to happen?  The turn signals work fine
(headlights on or not).  I haven't driven one of these cars in 20 some years &
can't
remember if they should be on or not.

My guess is that they should.  I took the light switch out & looked at how
the PO had hooked the wires up relative to the schematic, it was different.
I'll have to write down which was which.  I diagrammed it before I reset it so
could go back to what I had.  Anyway, I hooked up per the schematic, and I
didn't even get headlights, just the parking lights.  My lack of knowledge of
electrical systems along with a pretty sorry schematic isn't helping much.  Do
even have a problem here?

TIA,

Mike in VA
'66 1600