Auto-Xing Datsuns

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto-Xing Datsuns
From: Dennis Currington <dc@datsuns.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:48:53 -0800
Another beautiful day in Paradise (83) today so I took the opportunity
to cruise down to the "Q" to watch the SCCA Natl Tour auto-x event.

Over 350 cars showed up from all over the country.......I sure miss
doing that stuff !   Anyway, we had two Datsuns show up to uphold the
name and both did pretty good against all the new stuff.

Steve Nelson  towed his '70 2000 over  from Albuquerque (only a 15 hr
drive, one way)  and ran in CSP.  He has owned the car since 1980 and
has got it set up pretty well.  Only problem was that he had bought some
new 225-50-14 Hoosiers and they rubbed on the rear so he had to switch
to some very used 205-55 Kuhmos and has no rear grip.

Also there was Tom Berube from Simi Valley CA running his 510 in EP.
Nice car but only his 2nd time in the car so he is on a learning curve.

I posted some photos of both cars on my website:
http://www.racerguy.com/tour/index.htm

Check out Steve's license plate...it sums it all up :-)

Dennis
San Diego
67.5 2000