Re: holes

To: datsun_sports@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: holes
From: "n ruff" <u20power67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:25:44 -0500
A small mig welder should work fine for those plugs.  I purchased a Lincoln
Weldpac 100 (one of the smallest units) to do just that on mine.  I would
recomend upgrading from the fluxcore wire to gas shielding.  The kit costs
about $100 plus the cost of gas.  You will be able to weld thinner gauge
metal and should get less spatter.  I used fluxcore and it was difficult to
get a good weld and avoid burning through.  The best part is having a welder
in your garage-very handy.

BTW, the weldpak 100 welds up to 1/4 and is easy to learn on.

Nathan

>From: "datsun" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
>To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: holes
>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:53:28 -0700
>
>I was looking over Andrews car on his web. he had a couple of pictures of
>the driver side body work. he moved the mirror to the fender and filled the
>holes on the door. I would like to do something similar but with the old
>seat holes (I have installed miata seats). will one of the cheap mig
>welders
>that I see at the depot or harbor freight but up to this task. I have never
>welded! is the metal too thin? how are the holes filled?
>
>thx,
>
>mike

Help protect your PC.  Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.