Re: SeaFoam

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SeaFoam
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:07:45 EDT
OOOh, I forgot about that stuff !!!  I remember when the Napa I was working
at picked it up again.... ALL the old-timers were really happy. ( We had many
fleet/industrial mechanics there - not all strictly automotive). I 've heard
nothing but good things (except see below) about thier products.

One thing I would **not** recommend (as the mfg & their rep DID) is using it
in an automatic Xmission ( I honestly can't remmeber if it was a separate
formula or not - may have been) The sales rep, in his overeagerness to sell his
product, managed to con me into letting him dump a free can of their stuff in
the trans of my 83 Eldorado (in retrospect, probably just to shut him up so I
could go back to work). The trans was "not behaving correctly* and he was sure
that would fix my ills. Dumped it in, drove the recommended, and changed the
filter. It mustve been too much for the trans, cause it finally died, leaving
me
stuck on the side of the road w/  small kids. I'm sure it did a wonderful job
of cleaning things - too good, in fact.

Sea-Foam did leave me w/ some interesting memories of that day - got mechanic
friend to help fetch that car - got stalked by the ex - assaulted - manhunt
ensued - 4 diff area PD's - including dogs - police escort outta there - better
than TV.  Don't put the stuff in an auto-trans !!!

"Thank you Sea-Foam"

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC