WTB : '68 Roadster Grill

To: datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: WTB : '68 Roadster Grill
From: George Wagner <wagnergm@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 12:17:01 -0800
Hi all,

I am looking for a grill for my '68 SRL-311. Actually, all I need is the
chrome surround, and only part of it. Here is the part I have, the
driver's side,  I just need the 'left' side or passenger side. Can any
body help ?  Suggestions ?

http://home.att.net/~wagner.gm/datsun_grill_1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~wagner.gm/datsun_grill_2.jpg

I took my grill apart, to send the chrome parts in for plating. I drop
the parts off at the chrome shop, a well known reputable, place in
Paterson, NJ, on a Friday. He says "No problem, come back late next
week". I come back the following week, he has a real weird look on his
face when he sees me. He goes on to explain that he didn't realize the
surround was two pieces. The solder joint had given way and the two
separated. He thought he had fished everything out of the bath late
Friday afternoon, he closed up and went home. Monday he starts on my
surround and finds half of it missing. He finds, or didn't find, that
the other half my surround was left in the basket, in the acid, over the
weekend. He showed what was left, nothing but scraps.

George
Flanders, NJ

PS:
I have looked at the NOS Grill on eBay: