Calspeed disease :-)

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Calspeed disease :-)
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:01:58 -0800
Here goes, I am considering selling SRL 701, probably this year. As of
this moment she isn't running, having some major piston and head damage.
I do have spares for a rebuild, including forged pop up pistons. I have
tentative plans to run her at Thunderhill in July, Shasta Weekend. I
will sell only as a package deal that includes all applicable roadster
parts I have. Included  among the various parts are the installed 5:13
locker, a 4.62 lsd, two "parts" 5 speed trans spares, could use one to
fix the other, a third casing, two old single piece Empis, three old
Minilights, and the 4 mounted 15x7 race Panasports with Khumo V700s .
You will also get the SCCA Race Log Book that goes back to Kirk
Allegro's (see BRE Team Picture at BRE pages, Datsun.org/fairly)
purchase of her in 1972. You will also get the steel front fenders, not
in perfect shape, but usable for Vintage racing. There are two spare
blocks, one will probably need to be sleeved to use, cranks, and rods.
You can see  pictures at my Picturetrail site, rdstracrpina, My Favorite
Toy and Sadies works. For those unfamiliar with her. SRL31100701 is a
1967.5 2000, never street registered, factory sponsored race car the day
it arrived in the US. You can read about her at Rob Beddington's
Datsun.org/fairlady site under American Pages, with links from Datsun
Racing Team, Dan Parkinson, or BRE, the BRE Roadster that wasn't. The
reason for the sell is I can't give her the attention ($) she deserves,
and my son is pursuing Rally, WRC style, for which we have a car, and we
want to go Spec Miata, for which we don't have a car. Also, You could
install a racing R engine and have a great handling GP car, she weighs
about 1980 lb.
David Pina