More engine swap Q's...KA24DE this time

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: More engine swap Q's...KA24DE this time
From: "Shaun Barrett" <bshaun@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:54:14 -0500
All of your helpful posts just about had me ready to either combine a U20
with a 4spd or else drop in a L20 into a potential Roadster project, but now
I've come across a 240SX KA24DE with a tranny for very little money.  I know
that swap has been done, I just wondered if it was any harder to mount than
the L20 since I would assume it may be a little taller due to the more
complex valvetrain, or maybe the oil pan doesn't fit as well...etc.  Can
anyone point me to some online resources or know anyone who can answer some
questions?  Thanks!

Shaun Barrett
-1978 280Z Turbo (soon!)