Re: Pilot bushing

To: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Pilot bushing
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:21:56 -0500
As long as the PO doesn't knock the pilot bushing all the way in, I use a
small slide hammer to remove it. Unfortunately the PO (aka moron) who
installed the pilot bushing on my H20 crank pushed the bearing all the way
in  and I had to use a chisel and carefully cut it in half and then cleaned
up the bore with my Dremel.

When installing the pilot bushing remember not to countersink it too far
in - just a little. I use a piece of hardwood and a hammer to install it.

I pack some grease in it but don't put in too much as the grease can't
compress and the input shaft will not 'seat' correctly.

Mike