Datsun Roadster People are the best

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun Roadster People are the best
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:39:59 -0800
Hey All,

Well, my thread on either shipping or driving my car home from Canada via
the Shasta show brought out a lot of replies ranging from good-natured jibes
about "trailer queens" to many volunteers that said they would do the
driving as long as I covered expenses.

Still others offered to put me up for the night as I travel South towards
home. I just wanted to say thanks to all who have offered to help. Datsun
Roadster owners have proven to me time and time again that they are the best
people on the earth.

Until I hear from Ross, all discusions about Shasta and the aftermath are
moot. As before, he has not promised me delivery by July 1st and I am not
going to pressure him at all. He is doing a professional job and I would not
have him rush one bit if it means sacraficing quality.

I will say this: If Ross does have the car done by the first week in July I
will caravan down to Shasta with him. From there I will drive the car home
over the next week with stops to be determined. I may be taking people up on
their hosptitality mostly because I would like to have the car garaged and
not sitting in the parking lot of some hotel.

If I do get the opportunity to have my car visit some roadster owner's home
and they give Hiro a home for the night all I can promise in payment is a
ride in the car.

Anyhow, I am excited to see that the car is coming along so well. Many
people have written me to express their sentiments about how well the car is
coming and that they can hardly wait to see it finished.

I can relate,

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
1964 1500