RE: What am I missing??

To: "'Pat Mahoney'" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: What am I missing??
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:34:18 -0500
Yeah, that's the lower chain guide.  It's not unusual to find them in
that condition.  I've heard a lot of people like to leave them out -
some don't.  I left mine out on my first engine reassembly.  Took the
engine back apart several years later but only a few thousand miles
later (I reused the old pistons cause I was cheap) and found the lower
timing chain on the verge of failure.  I don't know that it wasn't a
defective chain but this time I put the guide back in just in case it
hastened that chains demise.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak