O/T: 1982 Datsun pickup

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: O/T: 1982 Datsun pickup
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:30:00 -0800
There's a truck for sale cheap locally that may need a new engine.  I
believe it's the Z22 4-cyl.  Does anyone know how easy/cheap these engines
are to get in good condition, or get parts for?  Is it the 8 spark plug
engine?  I've looked online for engines used/rebuilt and can't find this one.

Also, if the engine won't turn all the way over (cranks but only about 1/4
turn) is that likely an indication of engine (crankshaft/rod/etc.) or maybe
valve train (broken timing chain, pistons hitting valves)?

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181
'67 Datsun RL411 SSS sedan RL411-11321
'66 Datsun PL411 sedan PL411-022447