brake light/turn signal problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: brake light/turn signal problem
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:00:00 -0800
All of the sudden the driver's side brake/turn signals stopped working on
my '70 1600.  The taillights still work.  The front driver's side turn
signal flashes rapidly and the rears don't flash at all.  The brake lights
only work on the passenger side.  Any idea where I should start?  It worked
fine until this point... I swapped bulbs thinking the tailights might be
wired in series, since both lights behave the same, but the problem stayed
with the lights and didn't follow the bulbs.

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181
'67 Datsun RL411 SSS sedan RL411-11321
'66 Datsun PL411 sedan PL411-022447