GM Alternator conversion revisited

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM Alternator conversion revisited
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:23:36 -0700
We just purchased an internally regulated single wire alternator for our '64
1600, to replace the non-original alternator & voltage regulator that were in
place.  We have th #2 wire from the alt going to the positive post, the #1
wire going to the ammeter and a wire from the positive battery cable going to
the positive post.  This leaves the starter wire, which was attached to the
positive alternator post on the previous set up.  We checked the archives and
couldn't find anything refering to what needs to be done with this wire.  If
we put it on the positive post of the alternator, there will be 3 wires to it.
Is this correct?  The store manager of our local auto parts store gave us this
wiring set up so far.

Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500