Re: way off topic

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: way off topic
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:51:04 -0800
The whole point of my posting was my dissatisfaction with the growing mood
in this country towards being so politically correct that no symbol, saying,
or thought can be expressed unless it in no way, at no time, now or in the
future, will offend someone. My major point in the e-mail was that the post
office is ultimately, in its push to be all things to all people, is
creating a stamp to honor Muslims only because of the times we are in. i
would think that if we were not at war with terrorists the stamp would never
have made it print. to me it seems like a ploy to get on the Muslim
communities (foreign and domestic) good side so that they will accept and
agree with current U.S. policy towards Iraq (which i do support ). this
attachment was only included because of my personal dissatisfaction in my
companies inability to fly the flag, the American flag, the one flag that
can be truly anyone's at any time and is the symbol of freedom. i was trying
to tie the two in together. I have no problem with someone showing and
sharing their beliefs through speech and symbol. I do think i should have
the same right. It  seems ignorant to assume that by being politically
correct with a stamp that the Muslim community can be so easily swayed and
placated into the current administrations way of thinking. The post office
is being used as a political tool. where else could you get such saturation
of an idea and still have the people pay for it.  if I were Muslim i would
be offended.

anyway that's about all i have to say on that. if i offended someone than i
apologies. that was not my intention. to those that think this should not be
included on the forum im not sure what to say. i have seen all types of
posts on everything from politics to poems. i guess i will keep my comments
strictly to cars. I did not realise that we could only discuss politically
correct topics. of course if i were a racist i doubt i would have a Japanese
sports car in the garage while my truck sits in the driveway :)

Mike