Re: SU throttle shaft bushings

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU throttle shaft bushings
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:42:18 EST
Hello,

       .005 is not horrable but definatly pushing it. When I refurb them I
end up with about .001. Have you carb dipped them ? Carbon collects around
the throttle shaft and after a good cleaning it will be looser. Did you have
idle speed fluctuation before you took them off? That is a good sign of
leaking. Also if there was a lot of crud built up around the throttle shafts
on the outside fo the carbs. Fuel leaking out past the shaft collects dirt.

                                                 keith