Electrical Gremlin, found and fixed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Gremlin, found and fixed
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:45:35 EST
I started my red 1600 today for the first time in a month, it kicked in and
then died.  Couldn't figure out what it was, since it ran fine the last time
I tried it.

After poking about, it turned out that the wires into the coil had become
frayed and worked themselves into an intermittent state.  Looked OK from the
outside.  Only when I held them on would it run.  A little solder and
electrical tape later, all was well.

Keep this in mind if you start having such problems.  After 30 years, these
wires get quite brittle.

gary cohen
red one
black one