Parts For Sale

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts For Sale
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:47:32 -0500
I have some parts I'd like to part with to make room for some 'other' car I
just bought.

I have a complete set of recently rechromed overiders that are in excellent
shape. They're not 'show' chromed but they are straight, were never pitted
and I'll even include some overrider cushions which I bought to protect the
bumpers from the edges of the overriders as used on MGBs. 4 of the cushions
are brand new. (BTW, I highly recommend using them.) I'd like $90 for the
set, shipping additional. If you have gotten chroming done recently you know
that this is a pretty good bargain. I'll even throw in a 5th rechromed
overrider. OK, I can't count.

I have another set of very good original overriders with no pitting and 3
are perfectly straight and 1 has a slight tap. I'll throw in a 5th for free.
Oh, one has a frozen bolt in it which will need a blast from an
oxy-acteylene torch to free. 35 plus shipping.

I have a nice 2L timing cover - 20 plus shipping. With the way chains have
been flying around lately this may come in handy, or insurance to make sure
it doesn't happen.

I also have a late horn pad in excellent condition - 10 plus shipping.

I also also have an OEM late 1600 waterpump which is brand new - 65 plus
shipping. Price one lately?

2L engine backcover (where the starter goes) for those of you planning on
installing a 5 speed in a 1600. Bet no one told you that you needed this
part also. It allows the input shaft from the tranny to mate correctly with
the 1600 crank. If not installed at the same time the input shaft of the
tranny can bottom out/bind where the input shaft bushing is on the crank.
Ever wonder why the 2L plate is thicker than a 1600 plate? Do you really
think Datsun just wanted to spend more money? 25 plus shipping (It's dirty
and grimy but flat)

Completely rebuilt 4 speed w/new bearings and synchros and a NEW
countergear. All clearances were checked and I installed new thrust/shims
where needed. 350 but I really can't ship it so if someone in the NE can
pick it up that would be great or send me a crate and pay for shipping. Oh,
I used stainless bolts to assemble the casing so they won't rust and they
sure look pretty.

I may have more junk around for sale, well actually I have tons of crap, but
I have to decide whether they're keepers or not.

Thanks,
Mike