who me?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: who me?
From: "paul g. reichert" <ocblue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:29:36 -0500
Hi my name is Paul and I am a Lurker.
I'm 49.75 years young.Grew up outside Philly.I have a typical Dad who was into
cars to the point he actually changed his own oil and could put on snow chains
in the winter.This led to my being fortunate to drive the usual exotics: '63
Rambler American,'65 Ford Fairlane,Chevy wagon,Ford wagon,Dode Dart.After I
left the nest I continued with the need for speed with a '63 VW bus,'65 Ford
van,Volvo 145 wagon and early Toyota Corolla.One day on a trip to Florida we
spotted a Roadster.Never saw one before.Stalked the guy around town till we
found out what it was.We thought it might be more fun to drive than the Volvo
so we bought a lovely brown '68 2000 and towed it home.Had the engine
rebuilt,painted white,new interior and eventually drove it into the front of a
Buick.Detroit -1,Japan -0.My fault,no collision insurance.Went on to scour the
want ads from Pittsburgh to D.C.Have bought ,sold ,cut-up(something strangely
exhilerating about pushing a Roadster on its side and running a sawzall down
the middle)about 10 Roadsters since the early eighties.Now drive a rusty "69
2000,restoring a "68 1600 and carefully monitoring the progress of rust in a
couple more.Been married to Louise for 26 years,somehow got a son Ricky,dog
,cat,fish,etc.Work 3rd shift on a production line at the Kelloggs breakfast
cereal plant in Lancaster.Pa.This list is GREEAAAT!Lot better than the old
days when you had to wait for a copy of the Roadster newsletter for tips and
parts sources.Thanx to everyone for their tips on digital cameras.Now I must
get back to my lurking.

Paul Reichert
Bainbridge,Pa.