RE: 1500 cc waterump

To: "'Garage Schauff'" <info@schauff.be>,
Subject: RE: 1500 cc waterump
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:10:19 +1030
Chris & list,
we have an auto products chain in South Australia that is set up like
a supermarket.
By that I mean you can browse, measure, compare parts to your hearts
content and unmolested by salespersons.
Anyhoo, my original 1500 water pump was shot and cast iron. After a
little bit of guessing and checking I came up with an alloy
replacement for AU$90. It is absolutely identical except the water
outlet is at a slight angle upwards whereas my original pump outlet
was horizontal. Even the pully flange is identical with 4 correctly
spaced threaded holes!
Now for the nitty gritty.
Look for a water pump code CP844 as intended for a Nissan Urvan E20,
engine M20, petrol, 1972-78.
How's them apples!!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner
1972 P510 2 door - in storage
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building