My Turn

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Turn
From: Guy & Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:12:09 -0700
Greetings,
I am Guy Pepoy.  Before I start yakking about myself,  I want to take a
moment to thank all of the great people on this list.  I have been a
lurker and a participant for some time now.  I always enjoy scrolling
down and reading the ups and downs and ins and outs of roadsteritis.

I am 55.  I grew up in the Phoenix /Scottsdale/Tempe. areas of  Arizona.
 This was really a great place to grow up.  I have always had a passion
for mechanical things particularly, motorcyles, cars and boats.  When I
was 14 my first motoized vehicle was a Cushman Eagle.  At 16, my first
car was a two door, 57 Chevy. I had that for a number of years and had
just about completely rebuilt and replaced everything in it.  I went
through a serious speed boat, water skiing, motorcycle phase.  I have
also owned a 63 Corvette, a 66 Corvette Stingray, a bugeye Sprite, a
Triumph GT6,  A 72 Alpha Spyder,  A Porshe 914.  After graduating from
Arizona State University, I served in the U.S. Army's Strategic
Communications Command for 5 years during the Vietnam era.  Four of
these years were overseas in Europe and Korea.  Stratcom units operated
things like the secure voice communications system and world wide,
secure digital communications network.  I was discharged as an Captain
in Korea.  I traveled extensively through out the far east for about 6
months before returning home. After graduate school, I moved to Seattle
and lived in that glorious city from 1976 through 1984.  Moved back to
Arizona became involved in various aspects of  printing and graphic
design.  In 1992 I started  a company called Foil Graphics.  At Foil
Graphics, we work exclusively with printers, advertising and design
agencies.  We foil stamp and emboss a wide variety of printed materials.
 We also  are heavily involved in packaging design and manufacturing
(diecutting and folding and gluing ).  The packaging products includes
items like CD mailers and software boxes for companies like Nintendo.
 We employ about 20 people.

I am very happily married to Pamela and have two amazing daughters.  One
is 22 and still in college and the other is 10 and not in college.  We
have two dogs, two cats, two birds and a horse named Princess Sara.
The latter critter is only 3 years old and is a simply, stunning Arabian
mare.  We have spent a great deal of time in this last year training
Sara.  I am still working on how to get this 1 horse power
transportation device through the local emissions test...."just plug
that probe in and see what happens."   I am in the middle of a frame off
of my 67.5 stroker project.  Due to one reason or another my roadster
hasn't recieved alot of my time for the last year or so.  That is about
to change. Looking forward to continuing the long and enjoyable process
of making it just the way I want it.

Hope this didn't sound too much like one of those Christmas letters.
Guy