Re: closed cell foam

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: closed cell foam
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:16:06 -0500
At 7:56 PM -0400 10/18/02, datsunmike wrote:
>Reinforced rubber like that from a car tire is great. Someone mentioned used
>conveyor belts which have the same construction.
>
>Mike

        I'm thinking of going this route with the truck resto.  I've
been working with foams for quite a few years, which leads me towards
solid or reinforced rubber padding.  I think the camping pads are
usually polyethylene (polythene other environs).  Probably pretty
good degredation resistance if not exposed to light .
        I'm even a bit leery of urethane bushings long term.  Anyone
know of any 30 year old poly bushings?  The rubber rots with time,
but urethane does too.  Time will tell.

-Marc T.