RE: Which Thermostat and how to remove sender

To: orangedawg@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Which Thermostat and how to remove sender
From: Robert.Long@acs-inc.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:22:39 -0600
Allen asked:

>> Anyway, I need to know what kind of thermostat to put in.  My climate
>> (central Washington State) is usually in the 80's during the summer, with
>> number of days in the 90's.  Nighttime temps are the 50s'-60's.  Do I put
in
>> a 160, 170, 180?  Also, what kind of thermostat?  I remember someone
saying
>> something about a Mustang thermostat?

I switched from a 180 to a Nissan 240Z 160 this summer, on my 67.5 1600 down
here
in Albuquerque.  It definitely runs cooler, but you may want to stay with
a 180 up there in Washington???  The Z-car list says to stay with Nissan
t-stats rather than after market brands.

HTH...Robert
67.5 1600 - Sunday car
83 280ZX - Daily car
74 260Z - Future Race car