Tweedle, Tweedle

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tweedle, Tweedle
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:37:22 -0700
I'm a 2nd time owner of a '69 2000.  The last one was purchased several weeks
ago.  My 1st was about 22 years ago.  Some irony there too.  I sold my 1st
with 132,000 miles on it to go to grad school.  I bought my last one with
133,000 miles on it from a kid who had earn money for grad school.  I still
love these things as much as I did 22 years ago.

My latest has a tweedle, tweedle, tweedle sound at idle.  As I recall, this
sound occurs when the smog rail is removed and the holes simply plugged.  The
4 plugged holes above the intake.  This is the condition of my current car.
My 1st had the rail 'ports' clipped and welded and this noise wasn't present.
when removed, there was a tube that extended into the block.  Is there a
simple solution (or maybe an alternate reason)?

Also, the fan is hard mounted.  This creates unnecessary noise at high rpms.
The original had a fan clutch but my research to date has found nothing.  Any
alternatives out there?

Jon R.
Bothell WA